You know that I love transparency right? Well even I draw the line somewhere and some parts of my life and thoughts in my mind will never make it onto the world wide web. But... EZ over at Creature Comforts challenged me and a bunch of other bloggers to share a few things we've been keeping to ourselves out of fear in hopes that we can make the blogging community a more real place. I love the idea, and the goal, and while I'm not stoked to let these little bits about me fly, at least it's good practice for staying true to myself. Hope you don't hate me after...
1. I don't floss, like ever. I know, I know.
2. I wish all the time that I was more successful, further along, more sought after. And I have all along. I wonder if that will ever go away or if I'll ever feel like I've "made it". Or if I'll just spend my whole life striving and struggling up a hill that is impossible to climb.
3. I really love dark things. Dark photos, dark movies, dark music. I'm afraid if I let everyone know they'd think I was really depressing. And maybe sometimes I am. But dark and depressing doesn't make for great blog fodder so I generally keep that side of myself private.
4. Sometimes I want to quit everything and just go get a "regular" job full of regular paychecks and regular schedules and regular vacation hours.
5. I've lived in this house for almost a year now and still, the only room that I consider "finished" is the baby's room. We just don't have the money (or just don't choose to spend it) on decorating. It's frustrating sometimes because I just want it to all look so perfect and it never does. Also, I need a big rug.
6. I get really jealous of my friends that live in California because I feel like so many amazing opportunities are just afforded to them based on geography. I know they are talented and work their asses off but it's hard when everything interesting in my industry is happening there and all my talented friends hang out with each other there and because of those two things they get opportunities and connections that I just don't ever and won't ever get. And I'm on the opposite end of the country from it.
7. I hate most photos taken of myself, which is frustrating since I'm a photographer and give other people pretty pictures of themselves all the time.
8. I always feel like the odd man out.
9. Sometimes when my baby is asleep and I get busy doing things I forget for a second that I'm a mom and it feels almost like my old life. Then when I hear him start to fuss as he wakes up I feel sad that I have so many responsibilites now and that everything has changed.
10. I know in my head how to change a tire, but I think if my tire actually went flat I'd probably just call road side assistance. I know, I'm setting women back a decade, but it's the truth.