Thursday, October 15
How To Get Fit When You're Lazy
Okay so I'll be honest and say that I am lazy when it comes to fitness. I love the results of working out and I love the way my body feels but actually getting up and doing the working out for me can be tough. If you feel the same way, here's a few tips for fit living when you're lazy...
1. SHORT & SWEET: I lost 70 pounds in a little over a year doing 30 minute a day workouts. So I'm living proof that you can work smarter, not longer! 30 minute or less workouts are my jam because there is really no valid excuse as to why you can't do something for 30 minutes. Be honest, you waste that much time scrolling instagram before bed. (Here's my favorites all 30 minutes or less: 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, T25)
2. FILL YOUR FEED WITH FITSPO: Start following some fitness stars on Instagram and join my free fitness community on Facebook so that when you log into social media you are seeing positive and uplifting posts that will make you more inspired to get it done for yourself.
3. MAKE TV TIME WORK FOR YOU: Each time there's a commercial break, get off the sofa and do an exercise! Some of my favorites: push ups, planks, burpees, jumping jacks, crunches, squats
4. LIFT HEAVY: Lifting burns more calories after and when you're not working out than just doing cardio. Building muscle means your body will burn more calories even at rest. So don't be afraid to take a break from the treadmill and pick up some weights!
5. FLUSH IT OUT: It doesn't take much effort at all to drink more water. And it is sooooo good for you! It helps your body flush out toxins, it gives you energy, it keeps your skin looking radiant. And it's zero calories. Aim to drink half your body weight in ounces each day.
6. DOUBLE DUTY: Combine mundane daily tasks with an extra burst of movement. Do calf raises while brushing your teeth. Dance like a fool while your lunch is in the microwave. Do squats while you brush your teeth. You get the idea.
7. KISS: Keep it simple, Sugar! The simpler your plan is, the more likely you are to stick with it. Whatever that means for you, do it. For me, that means at home workouts so I can literally roll out of bed and into my workout. No room for excuses.
8. HORIZONTAL HURRAY! Here's some simple moves you can do from the floor. The 21 Day Fix has my favorite ab workout called "10 minute ab fix" that is entirely on your back. You literally don't even need to stand up.
9. ENLIST A FRIEND: Forcing yourself to get off your arse and do something is a lot easier when your best friend is the one doing the forcing. So enlist a workout accountability buddy to help motivate you on days when you'd rather just stay in bed.
10. GET A COACH: You didn't think I'd let this whole post go by without at least mentioning how much having a coach helps did you? Getting plugged in with a Beachbody Coach (like yours truly!) and with a community of people all working toward their own health and fitness goals was a game changer for me. So if you feel like you can't do it alone, good news, you don't have to! I've got you girl!
Namastay in bed sweater source: Etsy
Disclosure: I am a Beachbody coach and this post contains affiliate links. But I have personally tried and loved each thing I've recommended from my own experience.
© Life As An Artistpreneur. All rights reserved.