Happy Mompreneur Monday! I've got a fresh brewed Coffee Cup Chat steamy and ready for you! Grab a seat my dear! Let's chat about self-promotion!
Alternate title for this post: Everyone Wants to be Invited But No One Wants to Invite.
Alternate alternate post title: Self Promotion Doesn't Matter, Unless You Want To Succeed.
You get the point. We're talking about how your business can't grow unless you tell people about it.
"But Becka, I don't want to annoy my real friends/facebook friends/instagram friends or seem pushy or salesly or blah blah blah... "
I get it. Really I do. One of the BIGGEST struggles and problems I see new coaches face is that they don't know how to start talking about what they are doing in a way that feels natural to them.
Honestly, this baffles me a little bit. If you are business owner, you should just anticipate that marketing is going to be a necessity to growing you business. Especially int he beginning. It's not like Apple opened up thousands of stores and said, "Golly I sure hope people come look at all these innovative new things we've got!"
No way! They promote the heck out of their stuff. Because they know it's good. And that it can help you. And that you'll like it. And if you don't... whatever, they know someone else will.
Here's the bottom line: if you are going to be successfully in business for yourself, you're going to have to promote your own business, a lot, a lot of the time. I know right now a lot of you are panicking. You're probably thinking... "I can't do that. I don't want to seem salesy or pushy. I don't know what to say. How much is too much? I don't like talking about myself."
Well my loves, do you like it more than being out of business? Because you're gonna have to get over it and get over it quick. People are connected to you in real life and online because they like you and they like what you have to say and they are interested in what you are doing. Don't deny them the chance to get their hands on what you have to offer!
Remember a few key things...
➳ The average person needs to see something SEVEN TIMES before they decide they need it.
➳ Most people are not looking at their social media all day. So odds are, only a small percentage actually see what you post at any given point.
Okay so let's talk about a few ways you can promote your new business that won't make your skin crawl...
1. EXAMPLES OVER EGO: Aka... "Share, don't sell." Share about your offering, product, or service from your own personal experience. Show before and afters. Show how you use your product. Talk about how it's revolutionized your own life. We live in a referral world! Think about Yelp reviews and every time you've ever visited a restaurant because your BFF posted about it on her Facebook.
2. HOST A GIVEAWAY: A great way to get people interested in your new endeavor is to offer them a chance to dip their toes for free! Host a giveaway, get people excited, offer a free group, give away a tool or tip. Make it fun, people will be excited to hear what you have to say!
3. CREATE A SERIES: This could be via a hashtag on instagram, a video series, a blog series... whatever you like! You could offer tips for people on how to maximize your service. You could show others how you use your product and best practices. Whatever you like!
4. CELEBRATE OTHERS: A great way to show off the goods you've got is to celebrate others! Has someone used your product or service and had incredible success... toss digital confetti their way!
5. LET OTHERS DO THE TALKING: Once you've had a few customers under you belt, give them everything you've got to make their experience incredible and let their results do the talking. You can even ask them for a testimonial or ask them to share their experience. Remember, our culture loves work of mouth referrals! Especially when they come from a friend.
You have so much value to give! So much potential! It's your job as a business owner to make sure that that gets in front of the right eyes! Enough playing small. Enough hiding! There are people out there who will benefit from what you have to offer! Toot toot!
This is exactly the type of teachings and training I give to those that join my team and want to go through my mentorship program to become successful coaches. Learn more about working with me and apply to my mentorship program on my website.