Thursday, February 9
How To Charge Your Crystals (and Yourself) in the Full Snow Moon!
Happy Snow Moon friends! Time to break out your crystals! I really believe that there are no coincidences. So when I asked what people might want me to write about as I get my blog back up and running, it made me chuckle to hear that ya'll wanted me to talk about crystals more! And what day does this happen to fall on? The full moon. PERFECT TIMING UNIVERSE, THANKS!
Okay so tonight is the Snow Moon. It's called that because February is supposed to be our snowiest month. I'm in Florida and it was like 85 degrees today but whatever, let's just roll with it. Not only is tonight a full moon but there's also a lunar eclipse AND a comet doing a fly by. So... if you've been wanting to dip your toes into using the moon energy in your life, tonight is a great night to start!
First though, since this is the first time I've talked about this stuff here, let's all get on the same page. Why the full moon? Well we all know that the moon pulls on us here on Earth, and each phase has it's own special vibes....
• New Moon/Dark Moon: A new cycle. A time to go within. An energy of new possibilities. Time to set your intentions for what you want to bring into your life.
• Waxing Moon: New growth, continued action, results will come about
• Full Moon: High tide of power, amplifying and creative. It is a time to release that which no longer serves you, what you no longer need in your life or an aspect of yourself that you have outgrown.
• Waning Moon: Withdrawing, a sucking and pulling impact
So as you can see, full moon's are the pinnacle of energy. Which is why people like to use them to "charge" their crystals. Or even just to reset your mindset. You don't even need crystals to capitalize on tonight's moon. It's a great time to do a simple sage ritual if you'd like. To clear out the stale energy (and thoughts) that no longer serve you. You could also write down your limiting beliefs on a piece of paper and burn them in the moonlight releasing that which no longer serves you. Maybe try just standing outside in the moonlight and soaking it in, just see how it feels. You might feel the urge to dance, spin, or laugh. Just roll with it. You're learning how to connect with your own power and intuition. It's a cool thing! Full moon energy is powerful and intense. Now is when you release those things that hold you back and take action, especially when it comes to those intentions you might have set during the New Moon. Here's a little mantra you can try: "I release that which no longer serves me and move courageously into
Okay, back to crystals. So if you want to use crystals in your life you need to charge and cleanse them periodically because crystals absorb energy, just like you do. Your crystals will absorb the energy of their immediate environment, and if they are frequently handled or used for your meditating practice, they will need to be cleansed of that energy too. Rinsing your crystals, saging your crystals, or placing your crystals on or in the earth will help cleanse your crystals. But the energy of the full moon is a deeper, stronger cleanse and charge!
Wanna give it a try? Here's some simple steps:
1. Rinse your crystals. Light rain or a natural water source works great. Or just rinse them in your own sink. Then lay them out, preferably on a natural surface. (A wood board would work great!) This is to connect them to earth, it's grounding, just like how amazing you feel with your bare feet in the sand at the beach!
2. Get your crystals into the moonlight. If you can’t get your crystals outdoors, on a windowsill will also work. You want to make sure the moon’s light will actually hit the crystals. The energy of the moon will still come through the clouds so even if it's overcast or rainy you can still make it work.
3. Go get them in the early morning and bring them back inside. You can leave them out in the morning light because sunlight will charge them too but not too long because it can be too harsh for some stones just like it can be too harsh for some people. (Especially if you are in Florida like me!)
4. Charge your crystals with your intentions and gratitude. You can do this by just cultivating a sense of gratitude as you carry them inside or you can go a step farther and visualize a bright light surrounding them and set an intention for moving forward. Grab one and hold it in your hand, close your eyes and feel the energy!
Have fun! xo, B
© Life As An Artistpreneur. All rights reserved.